Saturday 27 December 2014

Xiao Pang Cameron Highlands Day 2

     Hello! This is Xiao Pang! Day 2 (16/12/2014) of my trip to Cameron Highlands started out like this...
     I woke up in bed at about 7 a.m., then I brushed my teeth and went down stairs for breakfast. The breakfast at Lakehouse was heavenly. Then, I prepared for Jungle Trekking. The Jungle Trekking Tours was complimentary. We had to walk through the jungle and the ground was slippery and sloping so it was hard to walk. Anyway, let's start at the beginning. Well, we were handed some wooden trekking sticks. They look like branches broken off a tree. The driver, the one who drove us to Tanah Rata on Day 1, was our guide. Then we started trekking. The road was quite okay at first, not to steep or slippery. But as we went on, the road became steeper and more slippery. It wasn't even a road anymore, it was more like a narrow path where there was no tree growing. Then the worst thing happened. It started to rain. Which made things, which was hard enough before, ten times harder. The trek felt like a million years and I actually fell. Twice. And probably more if the guide did not help me through the most slippery slopes. There was logs blocking the way sometimes and it was so huge that you have to sit on it to cross over it. I was so focused on getting out of the jungle at that time I didn't even think of being scared.
      Eventually the 1 hour and 15 minutes long nightmare came to an end, which was a relief, though we were soaked and muddy. When we reached Lakehouse, Yen Yin(receptionist) was wanting for us with towels. We took the towels gratefully and wiped off some mud and water and we also washed our hands and shoes at a garden tap in order not to make the floor all muddy and dirty. We felt so relieved and thankful that we didn't tumble down the slopes and that we made it back unscathed, except maybe some minor bruises. I never saw our guide again after that, which was sad, I didn't even get a chance to say 'thank you'.
     Next, we back to our hotel room and had a relaxing shower and went to make homemade strawberry jam! It was so fun! You just have to put a bunch of strawberries in a frying pan and fry it. You must stir it while chopping the strawberries to mush. Which will turn in to delicious strawberry jam! Oh, and you must also add sugar. Then continued mushing up strawberries. Mmm, it tasted great!
     After having a fabulous time making strawberry jam, we went to the bar for some delicious High Tea. I have a sweet tooth, so I poured all my milk and sugar into my tea. It tasted like the best thing on earth. Ever since then, I've always liked to drink tea, especially if there's milk and sugar in it.
     After having the best High Tea on earth, I retired back to my room and took a nap and woke up in time for dinner!    
     The dinner was just as heavenly as breakfast. Especially when you just came back from a nightmare. We found out that the fireplace in the Lakehouse was actually a real fireplace! With actual fire! It gave the whole room a warm and cosy glow.
     After that, I went to bed, the comfy bed felt wonderful. I thought back about the trekking and realised how scary it was. Weird that I wasn't scared during trekking but was scared of it afterwards, huh? That night I swore I would never go trekking again. EVER.
     Anyway, that comes to the end of Day 2. Feel free to post comments! Look out for Day three! Coming Soon...
                                                                                                                                ~Xiao Pang

The hill behind the Lakehouse was where we went Jungle Trekking!

The wooden tracking sticks, which let me hold on to them when there's nothing else to hold on to.
Look how high up we are!

From high we were, we could even see the hill far far away!

Wow. It's the first time I've ever seen a chimney! It's the chimney of the Foster and Cameron Suite.

The yummyest High Tea. :) Yum.

The traditional authentic English Tea snacks. So delicious that I ate them all up quickly!

Help! I'm burning!

No comments:

Post a Comment