Friday 26 December 2014

Xiao Pang in Cameron Highlands Day 1

     Hello! This is Xiao Pang again! Today I am going to tell you about my 5 day 4 night trip to Cameron Highlands, Malaysia! It was fun!
     The trip started at night on 14th December 2014. We went to Golden Mile Complex near Nicoll Highway MRT Station. We waited for a long time and it was very boring. Finally, the coach arrived after a million years. We board the the coach and we set off!
     On the coach, I had to eat some disgusting sugar-coated ginger as I had motion sickness. Yuck. Then we rode the coach to Second Link and had to get down the coach to scan my passport, I think it's such a hassle to have to get down the bus every time we reach a checkpoint. I mean the coach was really comfy. After a ginormous bunch of checkpoints, we FINALLY reach Cameron Highlands!
     We had some prata and milo for breakfast as it was already morning when we reached Cameron Highlands. Then the Titiwangsa Tours and Travel guy called Kumar arranged for a van to take us to our hotel called Lakehouse. It was beautiful!
     The staff was very friendly, especially Yen Yin, who helped us carry some of our luggage upstairs. We admired the hotel for some time before we went to the complimentary free shuttle service to Tanah Rata, which is a a small town nearby. We learnt later that Tanah means ground and Rata means flat in Malay. So Tanah Rata means 'Flat Ground'. It is named that way because it is the only flat ground in the mountain regions of Cameron Highlands.
     At Tanah Rata the wasn't much to do other than eat and shop. So we spent a long time choosing where to eat and we finally pick a place and had lunch, which tasted pretty nice. Then we went to the stall which we were set up on the roadside, there we bought two gigantic rainbow umbrellas and a plush snake, which was quite heavy. We also bought some food, I didn't have much appetite as I just had my lunch, which was a pity, the food was delicious. We also bougth a bunch of stuff and walked around mindlessly to kill time. Soon, it was time to leave Tanah Rata. The free shuttle service was a van and the driver is very nice though he doesn't talk much. I'll talk more about him on Day 2. Anyway, he drived us there and back. We returned to the hotel and did some random things to kill time.
     Soon, it was night, and I watched the television until I was so tired I finally went to bed. It took some time for me to sleep which was normal for me, even though the bed was nice and comfy. But I eventually dozed off and that was the end of Day 1!
     Keep reading my blog for Day 2, which is coming soon! See you next time! :)
                                                                                                                               ~Xiao Pang


The exterior of the beautiful Lakehouse!

Doesn't it look like an old English cottage?

Live in the old days!

A nice chandelier in the lobby!

The Christmas Tree gives me a warm and cosy feeling. :)

Sitting beside the Christmas Tree makes me feel so peaceful.

Nicest Christmas Tree EVER.

Let's go to Tanah Rata!

A lovely school in a lovely place. I wouldn't mind going to such a school!

What an antique looking fan!

Zzzzz...zzz




No comments:

Post a Comment